Fight Fire With Sapphire!



~ Sunday, August 24, 2003
 
Fellow travellers, recently I posted about how the cute fluffy animals are staging a feisty resistance against the pro-human paradigm. I've just found a little more evidence of this.

It's an online game called "Poke the Penguin". Now, many people who have played this don't realise its significance. They think it's just a mindless time-passer. But I see it differently.

"Why do you see it differently, Derek?" I hear you ask. Well, go and play the game, then come back.

See what I mean? The penguin puts up with abuse for a while then ends up saying, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore!" Well, not in those words, of course. But that's the sentiment. The cute little fella has definitely been radicalised.

Perhaps the designer was sympathetic to the animal rights cause? Or maybe he (or she) is a penguin himself (or herself)? Sounds unlikely, but you never know. Our furry, feathered brethren (and sistren) are more than capable of many "human" tasks.

For instance, Jocelyn recently taught some of my creative sneezing classess when I was indisposed, and the feedback from the students present was still very positive. (In fact, she was moulting at the time, which I think actually facilitated the process!)

Anyway, I'm off to poke the penguin again. It's just so empowering, hey!


Comments: Post a Comment

E-Mail Me I accept donations through PayPal!, the #1 online payment service! Listed on Blogwise

Powered By Blogger TM